Thursday, September 2, 2010

Review: The Darkest Edge of Dawn by Kelly Gay





It takes a strong woman to keep the peace in a city of endless night. . . . 


Deep beneath Underground, a cunning bid for power and revenge has begun—one that threatens to make Atlanta the new battleground in the ultimate confrontation between good and evil. The powers of hellish Charbydon have the upper hand after plunging the city into primordial night. And under the cover of darkness, a serial killer targets the most powerful Elysians in the city, the angelic Adonai. For Detective Charlie Madigan and her siren partner Hank, tracking deadly predators is all in a day’s work . . . but this case will test the limits of their strength and friendship as it draws them into a deadly world of power plays, ancient myths, explosive secrets, and a race against time that risks all that Charlie holds dear.

I read books from all genres but Urban Fantasy is one of my favorites.  I first became a fan of Kelly's when I read the first book in the Charlie Madigan series, The Better Part of Darkness.  You can read my review here.

I was really excited when I got this book in the mail and was able to crack it open.  Charlie is a fierce bitch who knows what she's doing.  I absolutely love her!  I recommend this book to anyone who likes Urban Fantasy or strong female characters.

Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
August 31, 2010
384 pages
$7.99 US

Read an excerpt

Find Kelly online:






Disclosure:  I received a copy of this book for free from Pocket Books.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment