Friday, December 11, 2009

Occupational Therapy

With so many illnesses running rampant, there is a huge need for Occupational Therapist. Everyone wants to be able to complete tasks on their own because it helps with feelings associated with self worth. My Granny is 95 years old. She broke both of her hips about fifteen years ago and was told that she would have to use a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Granny was determined to be able to walk because she didn't want to be confined to a chair or have to rely on others. She was able to walk using a walker, even though it was painful. With the help of others, she was eventually able to take care of herself. My other Grandma had a couple of strokes and had to work very hard to be able to speak again.

There are programs like online occupational therapy degree , where you can learn from the comfort of your own home. Would you be interested in helping others become more independent? Because I was able to work with both my Granny and my Grandma, I realized how important it is to help others in need. I'm really glad that there are people in the world who use their time to better the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment