Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Address Plaques

I don't want my home to look like every other house on the street. I want it to stand out and say, "this is my home and it expresses who I am." When I enter a neighborhood and all of the homes look exactly alike, it creeps me out. I'm not quite sure why but I think it has to do with falling into a fad and that's something that I have never wanted to do. One of my favorite ways to spruce up a lawn is with address plaques. There are so many different designs and styles that there is bound to be one that speaks to you. For the most part, I have a particular piece in mind that I want and once I find it, I have to have it.

My parents have an address plaque that is a little to plain for my taste. I prefer something a little more creative. This is probably because I've never been one to blend into the crowd. People who know me, know that I want to be different and I try to show it in every way that I can. Most of the apartment buildings that have an address plaque are also pretty dull for my taste.. I want something colorful and bold yet easy to read. I also adore the little accents on some of the plaques. I think I'd like to have angels on mine or maybe a symbol of some kind.

The lawn address plaques are really nice. I think it's a really good idea to have one of these if your mailbox is attached to your house. When I print off driving directions and I'm on my way to somewhere new, I hate when it is not clear what the number of the house is. Sometimes, I get so frustrated that I decide just to forget it and head back home. With the lawn plaque, I would know when I had reached my destination. This would help eliminate the stress on drivers who are delivering to your home or guests who would like to visit. What are your thoughts on this subject?

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by www.outdora.com.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment