Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lounging On A Hammock

Relaxing outside is a gift. Breathing the fresh air, looking up at the bright blue sky, is a great way to spend a few hours. The only thing that could make it better is watching Reese run around the yard and lounge on an outdoor hammocks with a good book. Soaking up some rays and swinging back and forth turning page after page is like a vacation but not having to pack or deal with traffic to get there.

One year, my family and our friends family took a trip to Gatlinburg and stayed in a chalet. It was great because not only did we get to spend some quality time with our parents, we also got to spend time with our best friends. Sitting in the jacuzzi at night while our parents were cooking was a fond memory that I will hold in my heart forever. I remember one day, we went outside and my dad decided that he was going to use one of the rope hammocks. He went to lay down and fell flat on his face in the grass. His second attempt was the same as the first. After the third try, he gave up. Now every time I see a hammock, I think about that wonderful vacation and the laugh we all shared at my dad's expense. I think every great family trip needs at least one moment that was "fall off your seat" funny. That's how you know it was a good getaway.

The first time I fell in love with hammocks was as a kid. I was always terrified that I would end up with my face in the dirt, like dad but I think that added a certain thrill to it. I'm thinking that the the hammock chairs might actually be a better idea for myself and my dad. It might be a little safer and I really like to have different options when I go outdoors. Sometimes I'm in the mood to sit and chat and other times, I want to curl up and just enjoy the day all by myself. I would like to have a choice as to how to spend my time, sitting or laying.

Disclosure: This post is brought to you by www.outdora.com.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment