Friday, February 19, 2010

Addiction

Addiction is not an easy subject to talk about. There are so many different forms the addiction is connected to. I believe that depression and addiction go hand-in-hand. Everyone deals with stress differently and for an addict, it can change your life, as well as the others around you. People turn to alcohol, drugs, food, etc. and it's all because they aren't happy with some aspect of their life. They need an escape and their addiction is the fuel that keeps them going. This isn't something that I talk about a lot but I have a feeling that this might help one of my readers.

I suffer from depression and I understand why people do these types of things. I'm not condoning it or knocking it. What I will say is this, when I was battling depression, I didn't care if I lived or died. I even used to hope that I would get run over by a bus or fall down the steps and break my neck. I would have bill collectors call and say "this is going to hurt your credit score" and I would reply with "I don't care if I live or die and I sure as hell don't care about paying some stupid bill". It's been a few years since this happened and the reason that I am sitting here today, typing this post, is because I cared enough about my family to have them take me to the hospital where I went through a couple of days of treatment. Depression doesn't just go away. It can eat you alive or you can try to find ways to manage it. It's not easy but there is help out there, you just have to know where to look.

There is a place to turn to when your depression wraps it's arms around you and you need a push in the right direction. Passages Malibu Addiction Cure Center offers the help needed to overcome this obstacle. They offer a hand-on approach and do not use labels when talking to or about their patients. Passages Malibu is on Myspace. Take a look at the Passages Malibu video.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment