Saturday, February 6, 2010

Gutshot Straight by Lou Berney


Charles made some mistakes in life. One of those mistakes, stealing a car, lands him in prison for three years. When he is finally released, he is looking forward to life on the outside. Alexandra used to be his boss in and out of the bedroom. She has just asked him to make a delivery and he has accepted the job.

He finds out a little too late that the package actually a person. Wrestling with the moral dilemma isn't easy but in the end he decides to let the prisoner go. Now they are on the run and doing everything they can to stay alive.

This book reminded me of The Transporter (which I loved, by the way). Even though bits of the story were predictable, I found Lou's writing to be a breath of fresh air. I got an adrenalin rush just reading this book so my advice is to make sure you keep a bottle of water handy!

HarperCollins Publishers
9780061766046
January 2010
294 pages
$24.99 US


Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment