Friday, February 19, 2010

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake


Frankie is on the radio reporting the Blitz. She finds herself in a bomb shelter and meets a doctor who is desperate to send a letter. Since Frankie's current occupation has her traveling, she gives this doctor her word that she will see the letter delivered.

A postmistress named Iris decided to withhold a letter. Frankie and Iris find that their lives are entangled in ways beyond their imagination.

This is a breathtaking novel that includes love, secrets and the human spirit. I really enjoyed Sarah's writing style and character development. Two thumbs up!

Penguin Group (USA)
9780399156199
February 2010
326 pages
$25.95 US


Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.


No comments:

Post a Comment