Friday, February 19, 2010

Moxie


Death is a part of life and it is something that no one can escape. How do you explain to a child that a loved one has a deadly disease and will probably only live for a short period of time? I cannot imagine what it must feel like to bring this news to a child's attention.

In order for a child to understand, you must speak to them on their level. I found Moxie to be both informative and uplifting. Even though death is not something we can easily understand, friendship and support allow you to grow from the experience.

I think that this book should appear in grade schools all over. My nephew is two and he's already had to attend two different funerals. Dealing with Cancer isn't an easy thing but this book will help whether you are young or just young at heart.

You can purchase a copy of Moxie here for $10. $5 from every book sold will go to Kids Konnected.

Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment