Friday, February 19, 2010

Cuss Control by James V. O'Connor


I'm sure most of you have heard me brag about my smart, handsome nephew who is two years old. If not, here's a pic:


Isn't he just the cutest little booger? Anyway, when I stub my toe or drop something on the floor, my first reaction is to, as my mother would say, become a foul-mouthed heathen. I started trying to cut back on the amount of inappropriate baby/kid language before he was born but so far, I haven't quite mastered it.

James is the founder of Cuss Control Academy and he has tips to share about how to stop cursing as much and why we curse in the first place. This book helps people to cut back on the bad words and use other, friendlier words in it's place. I have often wondered why cussing is usually used when frustrated or hurt. If we can't react in a to a situation without stress, it causes us to verbally eliminate the frustration. By thinking happier thoughts and not sweating the little things, you can adjust your normal language into something that is rated PG instead of R.

My favorite part about this book was the exercises. I found them to be insightful and I have already put them in practice. So far I have only dropped the f-bomb once today. Go me!

iUniverse, Incorporated
9780595391479
April 2009
241 pages
$19.95 US




Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this book so that I could write an honest review.  If you purchase a book using my Amazon or Barnes and Noble link, I will receive a small portion of the purchase price.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment