Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hips Don't Lie

When I was younger we received a call saying that my Granny was at the emergency room. She had slipped in the shower and was hurt pretty bad. She had to get hip replacements and has been forced to use a walker for most of my life. The women on my mother's side are so similar that I know one day I'll most likely be facing this type of problem as well.

In order to prepare myself, I've been doing some research on issues on zimmer durom cup so that I have all of the facts long before I am faced with something like this. There are different zimmer durom cup types and I want to be able to make an informed decision when it becomes necessary. The durom cup hip replacement has come a long way and hopefully, it will be even better in the future.

1 comment:

  1. bridget, talk to your dr and let him/her know your history. you will probably end up getting a bone density test inthe future and there are things (not around even 5 years ago) that can be done to help you stave off the need to think about this! start searching periosteperosis.

    ReplyDelete